Recipe from Mission to Save, posted with permission.
Looking for a super easy snack mix to add to the menu of your next party? I have one for ya! We call this Celebration Crunch Popcorn Snack Mix at our house and it has become a staple at parties, family get togethers and potlucks. The “recipe” is super easy (thank goodness for the microwave!). Another fun thing is that it can be personalized for whatever holiday or celebration. I especially like to use colored sugars to tie in with the celebration. You can also use a colored candy melts for extra pizzazz.
This is best if eaten within a few days of making it (so the popcorn doesn’t go stale). But it hardly ever lasts that long anyway! So what other “add- ins” can you find in your pantry? M&Ms? Peanuts?
- 1 bag microwave popped cornI like to use a lightly seasoned one like Pop Secret Homestyle
- 1/4-1/2 package of Almond Bark aka- candy coating
- Colored Sugar
- Optional Add Ins:
- Multi Grain Cheerios really many cereal brands would work
- Put pop corn and desired amount of “add ins” in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt candy coating in 30-40 sec increments, stirring in between, until fully melted
- Pour melted almond bark into the bowl and stir until all the popcorn mix is well coated
- Top off with colored sugar
- Dry the mix on wax paper.
- When dry, break apart into clusters and store in airtight container.
About the Author
My name is Mary and I am on a mission, a mission to help you save! If you choose to accept and come on this journey with me, you will learn how to save more so you can do more living and give more freely. Learn more about her on Mission to Save.